Magic Bean Lemon Cup-Cakes

Magic Bean Lemon Cupcakes


Inspired by Old Mother Hubbard from facebook page, 'Me and My Thermomix',  I wanted to try a different flavour for the Magic Bean cake.  Of course,  I had to use a different kind of magic bean,  the white kind.  I'm very excited,  this actually worked!!  But,  with cashews,  it's one we can't use for school snacks.  I didn't try this as a single large cake,  but if you do,  please do let me know.

The batter was quite thin,  like a pancake batter really...  so I was a bit scared.  But it worked out just fine.

I'll make a some lemon icing tomorrow and the kids can decorate them for our special afternoon tea.

Ingredients:
  • 420g can of Cannelini beans,  drained and rinsed
  • 100g raw Cashews
  • 1.5 tsp Citric Acid
  • 1 tsp  Vanilla Extract 
  • 5 eggs
  • 80g white Sugar  
  • 125g soft Butter
  • 1 tsp GF Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Sodi Bic
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 5-10g Poppy Seeds
Method:
  • Pre-heat oven 160ºC and line 2 muffin trays with 24 patty pans.
  • Put Beans, Cashews, Citric Acid, Vanilla and 1 of the eggs into Thermomix and mix on Speed 7 about 15-20 seconds. Scrape down if needed and mix again until it's very smooth.
  • Add Butter and Sugar, mix for 20 seconds on Speed 4
  • Add remaining 4 eggs and beat Speed 4 for 20 Seconds
  • Add Baking Powder, Sodi Bic, Salt and Poppy Seeds and mix on Speed 4 for 10 seconds
  • Use a tablespoon measure to put 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each patty pan
  • Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until cooked through; when a skewer comes out clean.
Verdict:
Lovely, lightly-flavoured cake.  But dense and 'sticky' as well.  In the morning I plan to get the frillpantii to ice them with a lemony icing and that should give it a little bit more tang. Then they can decorate them with additive-free decorations.

eta  These are loved by Mr JR,  but Ms C & Ms D both don't like them.  I have a feeling it's the texture?  Being a 'denser' sort of cake.

Tweeks:  As I mentioned,  I haven't tried this as a single large cake... yet. I imagine I'd use a ring tin and probably cook it for about 40 minutes.  You could leave out the Poppy Seeds... but I think think they add a nice texture and flavour.

Comments

  1. When do you add the other four eggs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, Anonymous! What an oversight!!!!

      I shall re-read and fix it straight away.

      Thank you. frillypants x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments. Especially suggestions to make these meals as scrummy as possible.