Cashew Macaroons


Cashew Macaroons

These are very quick, very easy and give a lovely sweet and chewy biscuit.  They are wheat-free but not for nut-free schools though.  I found this recipe in a book called 500 Cookies by Philippa Vanstone... and just swapped the ground almonds for cashews.  Too simple.

I thought Macaroons would be hard to make and might need some serious egg whipping,  but all I had to do was mix it together.  Oh. 

Ingredients:
  • 100-115g Raw Unsalted Cashews
  • 250g Sugar
  • 2 tabs White Rice (or 1 tab rice flour)
  • 2 Egg Whites
Method:
  • Pre-heat oven 175ºC and line a large oven tray
  • Put Rice in Thermomix and grind on Speed 9 until it is flour 
  • Add sugar and create caster sugar,  Speed 9 about 10 seconds
  • Add cashews and grind the lot, Speed 9 about 10 seconds
  • Scrape it all down (including under the lid) and add Egg Whites and mix on Speed 5 for 7-10 seconds until it's well combined in a thick paste
  • Pipe small rounds onto lined tray... or failing that... like I did...  spoon small rounds onto lined tray and allow to sit for a couple of minutes to settle
  • Put into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until golden
  • Cool on baking tray
Verdict:
Nommy...  but don't do what I do:  "Oh, that was so yummy I think I'll have another....  hmmmm...  kids are still in the other room...  I'd better grab another while I can...  oh...  I feel sick."   Very sweet.

Tweeks:
If I made these with some sort of cream between two,  I'd make sure the biscuits were much smaller.

Comments